Wednesday 12 February 2014

Print Research/ Planning Task


                            
I have chosen this front cover due to the fact it will appeal to the target audience we will be predominate be targeting which is 17 - 35 year old. From that age range image is an essential part therefore, this magazine will do justice to those reading it. One particular part of the magazine that stands out to me is the lighting/gradient used for the image of Drake. This technique can be used in my magazine as I want to ensure that from the image shown there is a gloomy effect in order to contribute to the genre of the sequence I will be producing which is a thriller opening sequence.



I have chosen this front cover due to the fact that it will appeal to the target audience of my show. The image used of is rapper Jay Z. At the bottom of the magazine it say "How Jay Z Became King Of America". The sub heading used I will be adapting to my magazine for instance, Meet (main character) page 2. As the sequence we will be producing is for a 'new' show it's best to have a sub heading of introducing your character. Therefore, contributing to the double page spread in a sense.



I have chosen this front cover due to the fact it may appeal to females that watch our show and to those that watch E4 programs. In the front cover of this magazine their is a lot going on which wouldn't be happening in my front cover. In the top right hand corner of the magazine their is a competition where those who purchase the magazine are able to get free cocktails. In my magazine cover I won't be running a competition as such however, a competition where someone is able to win a free I phone etc. I will be ensure a I phone or some sort of technology is given away due to the fact that technology is a highly valued by that specif target audience therefore, it's best to use technology in competition as such.

I have chosen this front cover as Wiz Khalifa is an artist that will appeal to the target audience of 16 - 35 year olds. The front cover shows a close up of Wiz Khalifa which I would like to adapt to my magazine front cover. I would like to have a close up picture of my protagonist due to the fact to show his 'sinister' facial expression for the front cover. Therefore, contributing to the atmosphere conveyed during the front page. In addition, this will work well with a gradient used in order to dim down the colors slightly and give a life less thriller type of image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment