Saturday 7 September 2013

Why I Chose AS Media Studies


I chose AS Media studies as I have previously studied it at GCSE. At GCSE I got a grade A for my coursework and a C for my exam which overall was a B. As I studied Media at GCSE I realised how much I really enjoyed this subject therefore, I thought it was best for me to carry on the subject to A-levels. In addition, my sister who also studied GCSE Media and AS Media Studies suggested it was a good subject for me to take. This year I'm going to be studying Applied Business and Media Studies which will help me forward on to my university course which is marketing. One thing I mostly like about media is the practical tasks as this allows me to be creative. Furthermore, media allows us to think for our self as in seeing something from different views and not being manipulated by the press.


Over this year of AS Media Studies I’d like to develop my analysing skills as I'm slightly weak on that specific area. Also Media will help me be more organized with the work load and getting everything done as soon as possible and not leaving work last minute. I’d also like to learn the techniques on how the media press manipulates their audience and not letting them think for themselves. But agreeing with them and not bothering trying to see the other sides of the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment